Monday, September 17, 2007

Drama ... almost ...

Word on the web is that 50% of voters (which is a measly 5 votes) want to hear about my "latest drama." Superb. And while it really is limited to traffic on Egan Drive (our 1 of 2 highways), I'm happy to report there has been a little excitement lately.
So David and I were driving home around 8 p.m. Saturday night from a nice time with his Dad at Fernando's (a downtown Mexican restaurant - that I LOVE). We had stopped at his buddy's house for a quick visit and were cruising down Egan drive chatting away. All of the sudden we saw break lights and I slammed on the brakes – so I wouldn’t slam into the quickly halting car in front of me.

There was a wreck three cars ahead of us. A Toyota truck was laying upside down blocking both lanes of traffic. People were hopping out of their cars and running to help. I don’t know what came over me, but I climbed out too. I ran down the shoulder toward the wreck to see five men turning the truck back on all three wheels (one was laying 25 feet down the highway). I arrived to find one man inside, oil all over the road and the truck still running. I turned it off. The man inside was unconscious, drooling and spitting up foam. Another woman and I supported his neck she leaning into the open driver-side door and I sat on the empty passenger-side seat. The man was sweating, twitching, barely breathing and still unconscious. It was crazy. Finally, the police and fire responders arrived. I walked back to the car. And David drove the suby home.

My first phone call was to the newspaper – of course – and I gave them the scoop. In the end, the guy was taken to the hospital. That’s all we know. And, that’s my latest drama…

1 comment:

random home decor said...

Oh Abby.... that is pretty crazy drama :)